In this course, Jing will share this invaluable ancient skill with you.
You will learn fundamental techniques through Jing's step-by-step guidance while cultivating yourself, connecting to the ancient art, and having fun.
What is covered in this course:
- Introduction to Chinese brush calligraphy
- Tools, materials, and fundamental techniques
- Techniques on how to control the soft brush tip
- Basic brush strokes
- Chinese individual strokes and structures
- Creating calligraphy artwork on Xuan rice paper with your favorite poems
- Creating Chinese New Year celebration artwork
Suitable for: Beginners and those with some experience
12:00pm - 1:30pm on Thursdays
29th Feb. - 21st March 2024
7th, 14th, 21st March
Total 4 sessions
This course will be run in person face to face at my home studio, so numbers are limited. Please book as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Plum Blossom Ink Art, Jing's home studio, Brighton, BN1 6EJ
* If you don't already have the tools and materials, please contact Jing so she can guide you on where to get them.