Works of art in themselves
I sourced these beautiful materials from my favourite supplier in Shanghai. They are excellent quality, and I am so happy to introduce them to you.
Each of these lovely gift sets contains everything you need to take your first steps in calligraphy and Chinese brush painting:
1. one large brush and one medium brush, both of mixed hair and made by the top brand Shan lian hubi 善琏湖笔.
2. calligraphy brush holder, made of good quality wood and with space for up to four brushes.
3. red Xuan rice paper x 3 square pieces. Handmade by skilled craftspeople, the paper is naturally dried and then painted with gold to form two fish, with other clear and beautiful patterns in long-lasting colour.
4. Xuan rice paper and grass paper, handmade and naturally dried, x 10 pieces.
5. Water colour paper (30 x 20 cm/11.8" x 7.8") x 1 : for beginner to paint carp fish
6. black felt calligraphy mat to place under your Xuan paper. The mat is also an excellent background to use when taking photos of your work.
The main difference between the four gift sets is the type of ink.
Gift set 2 includes a bottle of pre-prepared ink (180ml). It is excellent quality and has a herbal fragrance. This set also includes a ceramic dish to hold ink or paint.
All of the above will be packed in a lovely gift box, and wrapped in paper decorated with my own calligraphy work. The set will include a free bookmark with silk thread, painted by me, as well as a plain one for you to work on.
Get started with free video tutorials
Once you've had a practice you can use these designs to decorate your bookmark.
A gift for a loved-one... or for yourself
This would make a beautiful gift for an adult or child who loves to be creative, especially if they have an interest in Chinese culture.
With Valentine's Day coming up, it could be a perfect treat for your partner.
Or of course you can simply treat yourself 😊.
Stock is limited so if you want to own or give these items then be quick!
Free shipping within UK.