You will be learning how to paint magnolia with Chinese ink and pigments on Xuan rice paper in this workshop. 彩墨玉蘭，春字的書法
Time : 14:00-16:00 pm Sunday 26th March. 2023
Venue: At the stylish & cosy Hoogly Tea Lodge, 11 South Rd. BN1 6SB, Brighton (free off road parking at bottom of Preston Drove for up to 4 hours within 1min walking distance)
-Cost : £25 per person, All materials included, and a lovely pot of Hoogly yummy blend tea included, choose from over 35 types of blend teas including some luxurious Chinese teas. Bring your own tools at £20 per person, you can choose the options at the check out.
Suitable for beginners & intermediate.
Limited spaces to 8.
For the workshop, you don't need any previous experience, I will demonstrate and show you step by step:
- How to hold a Chinese bamboo brush, and make 5 shades of grey from the natural ink
- Write/Paint in one stoke having different grey shades
- How to load 3 colours in one brush
- Use the stoke skills to paint magnolia petals, buds，stamens，branches
- To write Spring in ancient script Lishu